5/23/2005

my arch rival

All heroes have an arch rival. Someone who likes to do the opposite of what they want to do. Though I'm not much of a hero, I do have an arch rival. At work, I try to simply tape on something to a box to be shipped out. My enemy, the "tape gun" never quite likes to tear off at its given moment. It, instead, likes to pull more tape, thereby uselessly wraps most of the box that is well enough on its own. After that fiasco is over, the tape likes to fold over, sticking to the gun like it doesn't want to ever let go. Maybe it has some kind of love-bond with the brown plastic that gives it its power. Nevertheless, this sticking makes mehave to put down the box or whatever it is I wanted to tape up, and release the bond it has fixed onto the gun, so that I can over-tape another box. The rivalry begins... TO BE CONTINUED...

3 comments:

Drew Caperton said...

I laughed out loud for about a minute. HILARIOUS! I know exactly what you mean, after moving twice already, I have experience with your arch-nemesis, the "tape gun."

Jessica said...

Very very funny, Kenty! I would have to say my arch rival has changed from that certain someone I had classes with (T.L) to mosquitos.

Laje Kahr said...

LOL.
Seriously I laughed. Those things are so obnoxious. I gave up and them and just pull the tape to length and use scissors!